Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pontoons and Movie Review

On iTunes today: Paul McCartney
Gas Prices: $3.35

What I thought would be a very slow day at work, picked up and I was actually pretty busy all day. I love those days.

After I got into work this am, my mom sent me pictures that my brother forwarded. If you don’t already know this, my brother and I don’t talk anymore. Don’t feel bad for me, I chose this path and for right now, it’s the right path. But of course my mother sill keeps me informed of things that happen. She knows I love him but that I just don’t like him much right now. Anyway, back to the story.

So I have this picture in my inbox today at work and I almost spit out the soda I was drinking at the time.




I didn’t mean to laugh, but I couldn’t help it! I did hear about this earlier so I guess I already knew that no one was hurt and that although my brother is out one pontoon boat, and it really sucks, it really is kind of funny. I mean how did that guy land ON TOP of the pontoon?!? There are trees all over the place near the road I guess he just missed the trees by a few inches. Of course the guy was drunk! I can’t believe you even asked that question! He fled the scene, but the drunkard left the car behind. He was pretty easy to find I bet. How shitty is that? It just plain sucks.

On a lighter note, we did have date-night last night and we watched a movie so here’s the review:

Into The Wild:
This is a movie written by Sean Penn and Jon Krakauer. If you are not familiar with Jon Krakauer he was the guy who wrote “Into Thin Air” about his harrowing experiences climbing Mt. Everest. Into the Wild is a true story about a young man named Chris McCandless who graduates college and leaves his comfortable and semi-tortured family life behind and takes off first by car and then by foot. He burns his money, his credit cards, social security card, drivers license and doesn’t tell a soul where he is going or that he is leaving. After meeting some interesting characters (are they real or Hollywood?) along the way, he eventually makes it up to Alaska and lives in the wild for over 2 months before dying. He leaves behind a journal to recount his last days and most of the movie is guided along by what seems to be a recollection of his sister’s thoughts during the time he went missing. It’s a sad movie at the end but I liked it. All 180 minutes of it!
3.75 out of 5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in the wild was way good, McCandless's story is tragic, but then so many people have benefited from hearing it... a couple of years of hitchhiking and camping made a story that now challenges thousands (millions?) of people to reexamine their lives